Uncommon are looking for a standalone IT Project Manager to come onboard in this brand new, central function. This role will harness every aspect of ‘technology’ (one of Uncommon’s 3 key brand pillars) and report to the CEO.
The IT Project Manager will be involved in the initial strategic planning and mapping out of priorities across the business which can include customer facing or back of house operational and finance related digital transformation initiatives as well manage existing projects and support the business with the current software platforms and other IT related tools.
Based in Borough with visits to other sites (Liverpool Street, Fulham, Highbury, Holborn) as necessary.
In the role of IT Project Manager you will have responsibility for the design and delivery of IT change management- enabled organizational transformation programs. You will be responsible for all technical sides of projects and manage third parties working with us. By nature you will take ownership of planning/budget and will ensure goals and objectives are achieved with high quality whilst delivering expected business value. You will know how to successfully mitigate risks and issues and will play a lead role in communicating effectively with all stakeholders involved. You will be well versed in agile techniques and exhibit an agile mindset. You will support the business with existing software and reporting tools, ensuring ongoing functionality and improvement.
• IT landscape roll out strategy; system implementation, testing, reporting and template builds
• Responsible for the existing website, a new website build and maintenance as required
• Management of the full Microsoft suite, including Dynamics BC, Dynamics CE
• Responsible for ongoing functionality of reporting tools such as Power BI and others
• Work with external partners/consultants to deliver timely and effective solutions
• Oversee development of the Uncommon (white label) app, member design & back of house design
• Oversee the Operating System (Nexudus) integrations with building management system
• Act as the delivery point of contact for Uncommon for all activities related to technical projects and
• Accountable for project planning
• Project report to Uncommon’s senior stakeholders
• Effective and proactive management of issues and risks, reviewing these regularly with the wider
team and devise actions to mitigate them
• Ownership of the change control process and guidance with implementation of new
• Master degree and relevant experience
• Significant project management experience and use of project management tools and techniques, ideally IPMA-C or Prince2 certified
• ITIL certified
• Agile/Scrum work experience
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Jira or other key ticketing program
• Strong ability to multi-task and alter direction easily to accommodate changing priorities
• Proven track record of system development life cycle methodology
• Ability to bring structure and best practice to the role - this is the first PM hire for Uncommon
• Programming languages – .NET (C#/.ASP), Java, PHP
• Automation scripting
• CISSP certified
• Proactive, autonomous and resourceful self starter - work independently towards KPIs
• Critical thinking
• Strong interpersonal skills
• An expert problem solver
• Strong verbal and non-verbal communicator; report on the current status of every moving wheel in your diary.
• Excellent team player; as an expert in your field you are able to work collaboratively, lead and educate others in the business on your expertise
• Excellent project management, planning, time management and organisation skills
We are Unrivalled. We are Committed. We are Honest
If you feel these values resonate with you and the above specification matches your skill set, then please do get in touch. We’d love to hear from you!
Please note - due the wealth of candidates we are unable to get back to everyone individually. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks we're afraid you're application has been unsuccessful.
Your application was submitted successfully.