Purpose & Responsibilities:
• Reporting to group Director of Operations, Head of Facilities is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the daily operations of the Facilities Department.
• To report for duty punctually and in compliance with the company grooming standards.
• To ensure that all the properties and assets are maintained in the highest order through the implementation of the “Uncommon Facilities Management System” and the appointment of suitable competent personnel.
• To ensure regular team briefings are conducted and documented where needed.
• Effective regular operational communications with all departments across Uncommon.
• To ensure that regular SLA review meetings with external service providers are conducted.
• Responsible of ensuring compliance to legal requirements and H&S standards and take charge of effective communication with Local Authorities and H&S bodies as required.
• Operate the Facilities department in line with Uncommon guidelines and values.
• Establish scope and manage facilities projects with financial and operational framework.
• Ensure all Capital projects are conducted in line with company policies and procedures.
• Manage and direct the daily activities of the team and contractors.
• Implement Contractors Logs and obtain, review and approve RAMS prior to allowing external companies carrying out works at Uncommon sites.
• Monitor all operational activities within Facilities discipline to ensure adherence to established policies, financial directives, operating procedures and such standards.
• In conjunction with other appropriate departments, ensure compliance with all relevant current and new statutory legislation pertaining to the operation of each Building, especially legionella, manual handling, working at height etc.
• Ensure that members of the department are all fully qualified to perform aspects for their jobs for which they are responsible.
• Oversee the implementation, co-ordination and monitoring of the systems such as the Fire, Life and Safety, PPM and work order system. Ensure all PPM’s across all sites are maintained and updated where necessary.
• Responsible for appraising and formalising career development/training plans for direct reports.
• Be familiar and comply with all relevant Facilities Department policies, processes and procedures, in absence of the required documentation, able to create and implement such policies and procedures across the Uncommon buildings.
• Ensure optimum use of utilities through energy management techniques.
• Partake in occupational health and safety initiatives and form part of the health and safety committee.
• Compile and submit monthly sustainability report.
• Optimize resources and ensure best prices obtained from the key Suppliers and Contractors.
• Be responsible for overall upkeep and maintenance of the buildings, ensure presentability to members and guests, provide the highest level of customer care and be responsible for overall performance of the locations.
• Be the main point of contact for all member companies and the Operations team for any issues associated with maintenance and building facilities. Raise actions internally with relevant teams and oversee them implemented, all the while keeping members up to date with progress.
• Conduct regular walks through the buildings to ensure upkeep, supply levels are adequately maintained, any maintenance issues are noted and addressed, building facilities are in working order, all members’ issues are addressed.
• Conduct repairs and maintenance schedule across all sites, where third parties are not needed, and tracking completion on system.
• Ensure all supplies across the buildings are maintained and replenished when and as necessary.
• Oversee performance of all utility contracts and direct any issues or queries to the relevant team.
• Conduct regular fire alarm tests and other statutory H&S related activities as directed by Operations team.
• Provide reports to senior management with commentary on any issues and suggestions on necessary improvements.
• Procure materials and manage suppliers where necessary, with the approval of Director of Operations.
• Assume responsibility for the cost-effective management of the Facilities Department.
• Monitor all Repairs and Maintenance expenses across Uncommon buildings.
• Assist with the preparation of the annual and revised budget in close co-operation with the Uncommon Executive Management team, commensurate with the operational requirements.
• Keep accurate records and monitor closely all expenditures, to ensure that the agreed budget target is adhered to, cost strictly controlled, and approval sought prior to expenditure in line with the Financial directives.
• Strictly follow the Finance Directives.
• Establish an efficient system for the control and verification of all deliveries to the premises pertaining to the facilities operation in accordance with finance policies and procedures.
Conditions of Work
• As per the contracted working hours and requirements of the department in line with business needs, predominantly Monday to Friday.
• Able to travel between Uncommon buildings as per the operational requirements.
• Also expected to be available out of hours, including for taking calls and attending sites during emergency maintenance situations as and when needed.
• Managerial Experience in an International Company with multiple properties.
• Experience in Luxury Hotel or Hospitality Industry.
• Experience in managing Refurbishment works.
• Qualifications related to UK Health & Safety regulations.
• Relevant engineering certificates and qualifications.
• Proven track record of minimum 5 years at Managerial Level,
• Experienced in Fire & Life safety systems.
• Experience in fundamentals of HVAC control.
• Experience in Green Building approach.
• Experience in managing Sustainability.
• Knowledge of Electrical systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or HVAC Engineering.
• Diploma in Engineering management.
• H&S Certificates of NEBOSH or IOSH.
• Previous Cluster or Regional Management experience.
• Pre-opening experience.
• Knowledge of :
o Root Cause Failure analysis.
o Life Cycle costing.
o BMS Applications.
o Intelligent lighting systems.
We are Unrivalled. We are Committed. We are Honest
If you feel these values resonate with you and the above specification matches your skill set, then please do get in touch. We’d love to hear from you!
NO RECRUITMENT AGENTS PLEASE!
Due to the wealth of applications, if you haven't heard from us with 2 weeks your application has bee unsuccessful.
Your application was submitted successfully.