Purpose & Responsibilities:
• Build an exciting, versatile and consistently high-quality menu offering across all Uncommon locations across daily breakfast, lunch, teatime and meeting rooms for our members and guests.
• Build a health conscious and sustainable business model and offering.
• Create a versatile bar, roof top or event space offering across all Uncommon sites that is open exclusively to our members and their guests in line with licensing rights.
• Implement healthy food for life vision across all Uncommon pantries, honesty bars and member “fuelling stations” across all locations.
• Establish partnerships with like-minded food brands, suppliers, and vendors to provide pop-up food outlets to our members from new exciting food offerings and brands across various Uncommon locations.
• Ensure efficient curation, planning and delivery of food & beverage offerings across all regular member events at Uncommon including tea-time, Thursday drinks, Friday breakfast, seasonal parties, rooftop bar pop ups, member garden bbqs and pop up food outlets.
• Build a strong F&B team focusing on delivering excellent service across Uncommon locations.
• Support Line Managers in recruiting, appraising, setting targets and assessing performance of F&B team.
• Design and implement flawless and automated system and processes across F&B operation.
• Ensure the highest standards of Health and Safety across all Uncommon locations.
• Set budgets, manage P&L performance, set clear transparent KPIs across F&B Operations and provide reporting on performance.
• Ensure stock purchasing, delivery confirmations, and management of inventory balances, with adequate reports setup and maintained.
• Build and manage all Wastage and Stock Transfers processes. Ensuring all stock movements are entered onto system.
• Design and build a strong F&B schedule of internal and external events and workshops.
• Brand development - stay ahead of international trends with regards to healthy living and environmental sustainability.
• Develop the Food & Beverage strategy in order to provide innovative and exciting guest experiences that meet the business objectives.
• Ensure all tasks in the F&B division’s business plan are completed to ensure successful delivery of brand standards.
• Participate in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan, and Sales and Marketing Plans to ensure food and beverage is adequately represented.
• Co-ordinate the organizational and administrative functions in all areas of the Food and Beverage Department to ensure delivery of the strategy and compliance with company standards.
• Initiate special promotions and activities that generate additional revenue and popular interest.
• Monitor service and food and beverage standards in all outlets and kitchens ensuring that managers take corrective actions as necessary.
• Monitor the activities and trends of competitors, restaurants and bars and keep up to date with international trends in order to ensure the competitive advantage of the brand.
• Make recommendations for modernization of equipment, service methods, and presentation to improve guest satisfaction and profits.
• Ensure that each outlet in each building is accounted for separately as an individual profit centre and is managed by a team who are accountable for their profitability.
• Monitor closely the profitability of all food and beverage outlets in order to provide solutions to improve problem areas and assist in implementing corrective measures.
• Set, in close conjunction with each outlet team, annual operating budgets which will form part of the Business Plan.
• Participate in public relations activities, sales calls or other promotional activities designed at enhancing the image and profitability of the Food and Beverage department and the Uncommon.
• Provide creative ideas to project and enhance the image of the outlets.
• Personally, and frequently verify that members and guests in each building are receiving the best possible service available in order to make continuous improvement.
• Spend time in the various operations across all Uncommon buildings to ensure the operation is managed according to standard.
• Frequently verify that the best products are used in the operation to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Ensure that HACCP and other local regulations are adhered to ensure the highest food hygiene standards.
• Ensure EHO visits are managed and subsequent recommendations fully completed in order to achieve five star food hygiene rating across all sites.
• Propose and manage CAPEX projects with business case and ROIs.
• Assume responsibility for the cost-effective management of the F&B Department.
• Monitor all F&B Departmental expenses across Uncommon buildings.
• Assist with the preparation of the annual and revised budget in close co-operation with the Uncommon Executive Management team, commensurate with the operational requirements.
• Keep accurate records and monitor closely all expenditures, to ensure that the agreed budget target is adhered to, cost strictly controlled, and approval sought prior to expenditure in line with the Financial directives.
• Strictly follow the Finance Directives.
• Establish an efficient system for the control and verification of all deliveries to the premises pertaining to the F&B operation in accordance with finance policies and procedures.
Conditions of Work
• As per the contracted working hours and requirements of the department in line with business needs, predominantly Monday to Friday.
• Able to travel between Uncommon buildings as per the operational requirements.
• Also expected to be available out of hours, including for taking calls and attending sites during the delivery of the special events, catering arrangements or in emergency situations, as and when needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management, or Culinary school diploma / degree in food service management or related field.
• Minimum 5 years as F&B/DF&B in London (Experience preferred in International Hotel Groups).
• Pre opening or Re-branding/full refurbishment experience in a similar capacity.
• Experience of working with a culturally diverse workforce.
• Management experience in launching concept outlets.
• Management of large volume operations of minimum 5+ outlets.
• Experience in restaurant refurbishment or development.
• Experience in large conference facilities.
• Proficiency in spoken and written business English.
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
• Able to manage large and diverse operations.
• Creativity and innovation in food and beverage concepts and operations.
• Demonstrable achievements in improving customer satisfaction, colleague engagement and profitability.
• Able to conduct menu compilation, menu engineering and analysis.
• Supplier negotiations skills.
• Strong commercial awareness and a clear understanding of profit & loss accounts
• MBA Degree in Management.
• H&S Certificates of NEBOSH or IOSH.
• Previous experience in overseeing Kitchen operations.
We are Unrivalled. We are Committed. We are Honest
If you feel these values resonate with you and the above specification matches your skill set, then please do get in touch. We’d love to hear from you!
NO RECRUITMENT AGENTS PLEASE!
Due to the wealth of applications, if you haven't heard from us with 2 weeks your application has bee unsuccessful.
Your application was submitted successfully.